Some challenges in healthcare communications...
Is the language of a communication medically accurate and medically appropriate?
Are marketing claims appropriately supported by robust clinical evidence?
Is a marketing strategy targeting the right audience in the right way to ensure maximum impact?
What can (reasonably) be done to rejuvenate a product with no single distinct competitive advantage?
Why isn’t a communication strategy working?
...and how I may be able to help...
Experience in healthcare
I have had a career in medicine and healthcare, which enables me to understand the science, language and delivery of medical care, which I believe is critical to tackle some of the above challenges of healthcare communication projects.
Experience in medical writing: areas of expertise
- Support for agencies, pharmaceutical and medical equipment company marketers in the development of healthcare communications.
- Refining healthcare communications through evaluation and proofing of critical medical marketing material to ensure credibility and accuracy.
- Preparation of training material for healthcare professionals and medical affairs teams: workshop material and programmes, self-guided learning decks.
- Delivery of successful advisory board meetings through: KOL management, agenda design, meeting facilitation, and writing, editing and proofing of outputs.
- Making the most of healthcare market research data by supplementary analysis and presentation of information in a succinct and easily assimilated format.
- Developing and editing congress presentations to ensure content and layout are optimised for understanding and viewing.
Some clients as an agency medical writer and freelancer
- Abbott Laboratories
- Boston Scientific
- Edwards Lifesciences
- Emedits Global Ltd
- Europa Organisation
- InterComm International
- Sanofi Pasteur
- Wave Healthcare Communications