Variety of teaching methods
I mix a variety of teaching methods to maximise learning and sharing of participant experiences:
- short lectures
- discussion sessions
- critique sessions
- written and oral exercises
- group working.
Flexibility in workshop design
As every client has different training needs, I will tailor a workshop programme through discussion with a client to optimise:
- timing and duration of sessions
- emphasis of content
- teaching methods.
Value for money
- All courses are individually costed and independent of participant numbers.
- In comparison with other providers, my fees are generally very competitive.
- I strive to ensure cost is not a barrier to organisations that are interested in me providing training.
I generally receive very good feedback from workshops I deliver.
Selection of recent clients
University of Oxford, UK
- Medical Sciences Division
- Maths, Physics and Life Sciences Division
- Centre for Doctoral Training in Cyber Security
- Centre for Doctoral Training in Theory and Modelling in Chemical Sciences
- Department of Biochemistry
- Doctoral Training Programme in Environmental Research
EU universities and other research institutes
- University of Göttingen, Germany: Graduate School for Neurosciences, Biophysics, and Molecular Biosciences
- University of Lisbon, Portugal: Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Kingston University, UK: Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing
- Joint Research Centres of the European Commission
- Royal Botanic Gardens, UK
- Royal Horticultural Society, UK
- Bioscript Group Ltd, UK
- InterComm International, UK
- NetworkPharma Ltd., UK
- Real Science, UK